Automatically Exchanged Information
When you access our website, information is automatically exchanged between your computer and the site’s server. This allows for our server to send you a file that is compatible with the equipment you are using. The following information is exchanged :
- the Internet domain name and the IP address through which you are accessing our site;
- the type of browser and operating system used to access our site;
- the date and time at which you access our site;
- the pages you visit;
- if you access our website from another site, the address of that site.
Your identity is not revealed through this exchange. We conserve this data to keep a record of the number of visitors to our website, the most frequently visited pages, the time of visits, the technology used by visitors, the referring sites and the visitors’ countries of origin.
It is recommended that no personal information circulate on the Internet or by e-mail unless it is encrypted. However, if you decide to voluntarily send us personal information by e-mail, we will only use the information needed to answer your message or to follow up on your request. Electronic correspondence is subject to the same confidentiality measures as regular mail. Personal information provided is not disclosed to any other entity unless your request is intended for that purpose or disclosure is required or permitted by law. The information is not used to create user profiles and is only communicated to other organizations if permitted by law.
Under the Act respecting Access to documents held by public bodies and the Protection of personal information, if we request that you provide personal information, you will be informed of the following:
- the name and address of the public body on whose behalf the information is being collected;
- the purposes for which the information is collected;
- the categories of persons who will have access to the information;
- of the fact that a reply is obligatory, or that it is optional;
- the consequences in case of a refusal to reply;
- the rights of access and correction provided by law.
The person in charge of protection of personal information at the Société de transport de l’Outaouais is:
Richard Vézina, Lawyer
General Counsel and Corporate Secretary
(819) 770-7900 ext. 6202
Links To Other Sites
The fact that another website contains a link to the tramwaygatineauottawa.ca website does not in any way mean that the Société de transport de l’Outaouais (STO) and its partners recommend that site or agree with the opinions expressed on that site.
The STO and its partners reserve all intellectual property rights to the information on this site. Any information and data appearing on this site may only be used for commercial or lucrative purposes with the express authorization of the STO and its partners. Those rights apply to all documents, data, photographs and other elements appearing on this site.
This site meets WCAG 2.0 (Level AA) accessibility standards.
Who can view this page?
This content is intended for the public covered by the exceptions of the Charter of the French language and its regulations. If you read on, you confirm that you fall within one of these exceptions.